1. What is Nitob and what will it do for me?
Nitob is designed to manage all kinds of documents within an organisation. Some will be routine others actions or activities within the management system.
Nitob can take you to a new level of interaction by activating the documents when action needs to happen. Top
2. What is a management system?
In brief, a management system is a structure of documents describing the management’s ideas, intentions and instructions for the organisation they manage. This can be the overall
management system and subsidiaries, divisions, departments and offices. It can include information on how selected tasks should be performed and can define routines, check lists, forms and other tools to be used when performing tasks. Top
3. Is Nitob able to handle various management systems within the same organisation simultaneously, e.g. manuals for HR, with budgeting and work environment?
Yes. Nitob may be accessed at any level and with any number of parallel strings for the organisation’s sub-structures. You may start anywhere with any kind of document or system and step
by step build up your controls. Nitob is very flexible. Top
4. How can we transform or import our present documents to Nitob?
Nitob is a web-based system which means that existing paper-based systems that have been saved in e.g. Word-, Word Perfect- or html-format can be imported directly into Nitob. It is advisable to cooperate with one of our partners who
are familiar with your field of work when doing this.The conversion from hardcopies in binders to the Nitob electronic control, often increase user’s awareness of the system, as well as the contents. This enhances the quality of the management system and also of the
documents as they are often reviewed and updated in the process. Top
5. Is it difficult to use the system? There are so many facilities?
No, it is not difficult. The spirit of Nitob is to be logical and simple. Management systems are too often hard to overview and comprehend. Our aim is to assist the users and manage
tedious and boring administrative functions.
6. How can I be assured, that when documents are updated users will access only the latest information?
All documents will be either draft, operation or obsolete and when the daily menu is chosen only documents in operation will be shown. Top
7. In our organisation we have general rules and policies, perhaps an ISO-standard we must follow. Is it easy to see how and where we comply with the conditions in the Standards? Is it
possible to see why we have certain procedures and where they come from?
Yes. When an organisation decides to follow a certain Standard, one consequence is the establishing of numerous documents. Each of your documents can be linked to a specific and relevant
paragraph in the Standards or the internal policies you have. Nitob always use dynamic dual-links for easily navigation. From an auditor’s point of view, as well as the staff in the review process, it is easy to get a proper insight in
the system. Top
8. Is Nitob able to manage nonconformities, corrective- and preventive actions?
People who are familiar with management systems will see that Nitob is much more versatile than anything seen up to now. In Nitob anything may be defined as an “event” e.g. nonconformities, safety-incidents, accidents, proposals, suggestions and damage control. Define your own type of
events, combine them with predetermined scenarios and let Nitob do the hard work such as planning activities and sending out emails and take care of events as registered by your staff. Top
9. What benefits can we expect from the system in relation to future internal and external audits?
In Nitob there are several surveillance options on each document, What, who and when, are options which initiate the system to email the persons in charge of specific activities. With
Nitob there are no excuses for not being ready and prepared for an audit. Further more the system provides you with document-history, internal & external links and references. Top
10. Is it possible to control Nitob-access, so only documents relevant to an individual user are shown?
Yes and no! Read-protection on document-level will be an option in the near future but in our experience tailor made menus for individual users cause tremendous work for the administrator
and with very limited benefit. Top
11. Is it an easy job to find a specific procedure or instruction, since we have so many?
Yes. No matter what systems you operate, you have to be accurate when choosing the structure. Nitob can contain manuals, handbooks, procedures and instructions, which all have to be
categorised according to your processes, branches or whatever. Furthermore you have a highly flexible identification and naming option, and of course an internal search function, covering all management documents registered. Top
12. Is there a search function integrated in Nitob?
13. Can we easily print out professional looking documents if we want to keep a hardcopy handbook for example?
Yes, you can print all documents including those with header and logo, document-id and name, version number, author, valid from date, page number etc. However, we suggest that only the electronic versions are defined as the
14. Is it possible for a couple of employees to work on the same draft document simultaneously even if they are in different locations? (We do not have an internal net) Can this be done
without others having access to the draft at that time?
Yes. Drafts may be made available for any number of users exclusively. Nitob is web based so location is not an issue but access to internet is. Normally access to drafts is not available.
We have a planning facility in Nitob to restrict read-access for pre-selected documents. Top
15. Is there a risk of data-loss?
Nitob is backed-up once every 24 hours on twin-disks. You have to be aware that in the period from the last back up to the next data may be lost, however this is in line with other
16. How many users can use one Nitob-system?
There is no upper limit. A Nitob-system license for one organisation may be combined with any number of user licenses required. These are purchased separately.
17. How much data can be stored with one license?
As much as you like, but there is a limit for free storage. Top
18. Nitob DK and our partners offer training. Users in the same organisation are urged to form groups for internal support.The advantage of user groups is that they are often able to develop
and extend use of the Nitob system?
Nitob DK and our partners offer training. Users in the same organisation are urged to form groups for internal support. The advantage of user groups is that they are often able to develop
and extend use of the Nitob system.Top
19. What languages are available?
Several! Please contact us for further information.